Holiday Gift Ideas From Charleston Carriage Works
Santa may favor reindeer to guide his sleigh, but at Charleston Carriage Works, we’ve got a penchant for Percheron horses to clop along the cobbled streets of Charleston. Who do you know that shares your love for Charleston, South Carolina? Or, perhaps there’s a special person who has Charleston on their bucket list? If you have friends and family in or near Charleston, treat them to the best “staycation” experience with a professional local guide.
Charleston Carriage Works Gift Certificates
Here’s how you can guarantee that the best carriage ride in Charleston makes its way onto your holiday shopping list. Why not tuck a Charleston Carriage Works Gift Certificate into an envelope, tie it up with ribbon around a box or place it into the gift basket for a really special gift.
No matter where the recipient lives, it’s quick and easy to order one or more Charleston Carriage Works gift certificates online. The pricing looks like this:
- Adults: $23.00
- Children (ages 3-11): $15.00
- Lap Children (ages 0-2): free
- Military – Active Duty in Uniform: free
- Military – Active non-uniform and Vets: $21.00
Charleston Carriage Works FAQ’s
How to purchase gift certificates is one of our frequently asked questions at Charleston Carriage Works. Here are 10 of the most popular questions that all have “YES!” as an answer:
Q: Is the starting point easy to find?
A: Yes, we’re in the heart of Charleston’s Historic District.
Q: Do you operate 7 days a week?
A: Yes, weather permitting.
Q: Is there a child discount?
A: Yes, for up to age 12; free for 2 and under on a lap.
Q: Is there a discount for booking online?
A: Yes, $2 off adult tickets (other than gift certificates.)
Q: Do the guides offer narration?
A: Yes, they’re licensed experts and experienced storytellers, touring 3-4 miles in 60 minutes.
Q: Are the carriages covered?
A: Yes, we operate in light rain and bright sun.
Q: Can you accommodate groups?
A: Yes, up to 16 may reserve as a group.
Q: May we bring a well-behaved small dog along?
A: Yes, pets are family too.
Q: May we come to the stables and meet the horses?
A: Absolutely! Our horses love visitors.
Q: Is there a place to park a stroller?
A: Yes, we’ll look after it at our stables.
Find all the FAQ questions and answers and let us know what other details we can provide. To find out lots more about things to do and see in Charleston, from antebellum plantations to dining out, visit our blog.
Holiday Shopping in Charleston
For those lucky enough to be visiting Charleston ahead of the holidays, be sure to save time for shopping. Unique gifts from the Lowcountry and Southern specialty food items that reflect our special corner of the world make wonderful ideas for presents that go hand-in-hand with the local theme. Here are 10 only-in-Charleston gift ideas:
- Horse-drawn carriage ornament from Charleston Style™, Historic Charleston Foundation
- Locally sourced Charleston honey from the Savannah Bee Company
- Authentic handmade Charleston sweetgrass baskets from Charleston City Market
- Roasted peanuts from the Peanut Shop of Charleston
- Unique handcrafted, wine-scented candles from Rewined Candles
- Hand-stitched pillows with Charleston scenes from Historic Charleston Foundation
- Delicious Charleston blends from locally-owned King Bean Coffee Roasters
- Locally grown tea from Charleston Tea Plantation
- Magnolia fragrance diffuser for the home from Charleston Style™
- A puzzle, game or toy from Magnifilous Toy Emporium on King Street
Best of all, send it with love direct from Charleston, South Carolina. Give the gift of a tour of the Lowcountry to your loved ones this holiday season. Book a tour with us, and let us wish you and your loved ones Happy Holidays!